I seriously should not be alone with my thoughts. A few days ago I posted my strange self conversation. I have had even more weird thoughts like that lately.
Here's my most recent one. Why are things in the universe so backwards from what would be easy?
For example--why don't brownies taste like broccoli and broccoli taste like brownies? Part of the reason I used to weight 220 pounds is because I ate too many brownies and not enough broccoli. But, if they had tasted the OPPOSITE of what they do, I would probably be a size 2!!
Another example--running. You can tell (or I can anyway) a big difference in your run when you lose about 7 pounds. So, here's the problem. When you are WAY overweight, it is really hard to run. You are out of shape anyway, and you are carry all that extra weight. And, you are out of the habit and it is hard to get motivated. But, when you lose a lot of weight, it is easier to run. You are carrying less, and you are in better shape and you are in the habit of doing it. In shape people can probably carry the heavier weight better--but they don't have it. It would be easier to exercise for out of shape people if they didn't have so much to carry, so they would be a little more motivated!
Yet another example--kids. You would think that having two kids in school and only one at home would be less work for me, right? WRONG! That one needs full time attention because his playmate is gone! So, more work with less kids here.
Weirdness, I tell ya! Backwards and crazy weirdness!
OH!!! I wasn't going to blog about this, because I have been pretty whiny lately, but it actually fits as an example for this! So, here it is:
The saddest part of being lonely is when you don't have someone to talk to who understands it. Right now, I am lonely--even though I know lots of people here, and my husband is not deployed. But, none of them are really FRIENDS. Just acquaintences. So, I can't really talk to any of them about it. And, it doesn't really do much good to talk to S. about it, because he doesn't get it.
When I try to explain this issue to S. he would LIKE to be helpful, but he just looks at me with this blank stare and can think of absolutely NOTHING to say, because all that comes to his mind is "she is completely nuts and I have no idea what she is talking about" but he's been married to me long enough to know NOT to say that.
Anyway--if I had a friend who understood what I was saying and how I was feeling that was here and I could just talk about it, that would really help me feel better! But, since that is what I'm sad about, if they were here, I wouldn't be feeling it, and would have no reason to need to talk about it!
See--crazy!!!!
Thursday, September 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
ANGIE_ I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!! YOu are making sense to me! We are on the same wavelength!:) NO wonder we always got alonG! why don't you move to Newport NEws??? I get it! Love you- G
Post a Comment