We went on a real date on Sunday. We went to the Toby Keith concert and had a great time. It was really fun. I didn't take any pictures, but I wish I had, because it was a memorable night. He changed the words as he was singing some of the songs to be about soldiers. Like in "I love this bar" He changed on line to say "We got bad ass soldiers that pull all nighters." I just love how supportive and dedicated he is to the military. At the beginning of the concert he toasted the police, the firemen, the FBI and border patrol, and then the military. At the end, he said good night and left the stage. Of course, everyone knew he would do an encore so we waited about 5 minutes and then he came out and did American Soldier. I cried--as I do everytime I hear that song. They showed video of his trips to visit the troops. Some of the shots were from Camp Monteith from when our guys were there. S. was so excited. He goes--"Hey, that's Kosovo. That's the Big Red One! That's Monteith! I was there--I went to that show!!" The guy sitting next to us said "Really? Hey--thanks!" It was nice.
Of course, he wrapped up the show with Angry American. We all loved it, and at the end he said "God Bless our men and women in the Armed Forces. Fall in love with America, y'all!" And that's how he ended. What a sentiment. Fall in love with America. So--not only is he supportive of our military, but he just loves our country in general. That sounds obvious, but think about it. . .how many people relaly have that thought in their heads or hearts these days?
I will post some pictures in the next couple of days. N. has a soccer game Saturday, and S. and I are going to a very fancy dinner that night. I think I am brave enough to put some photos of myself up. . .we'll see how they turn out. I am still a little way off from my weight loss goal, but there has been a pretty significant change, so I may have the guts. We'll see! I am trying to find a "before" picture, but it turns out that I was pretty good at avoiding photos all together, or at the very least standing with LOTS of people in front of me! I'll try to come up with something!
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment