Anyway--we leave for the field and here is what we take with us: 2 soccer balls; 1 pair goalie gloves; 4 bottles of water; 2 packages of crackers; 2 packages of gummy fruit snacks; 16 juice boxes and 20 Capri Suns and 4 boxes of Little Debbies Brownies (it is our week to bring after game snacks--it is a good thing to bring enough for everyone's little brothers and sisters); 5 jackets; 1 pair of shoes that J. refuses to wear; 4 pairs of sunglasses; 1 pair of cleats; 1 pair of shin guards; and N. should be wearing as much of his uniform as I can find--shorts, shirt, socks.
So--I forgot the camera. He played great, but they lost. The kids seem to lose track of the score, so they don't really care much if they win or lose. They are more interested in running through the "tunnel" of parents and seeing what snack they get. Maybe I'll remember the camera next week!
Last night, S. and I went with some friends to the Fleet Week "Star Spangled Salute." This is the business leaders of the city putting on a black tie gala to honor the military. It is EXTREMELY expensive to buy tickets (we heard it was $2000 EACH, but we don't know that for sure) so it is the REALLY top business people in the area. Then the top military people in the area. Then 50 reserved tickets for junior officers (reserved means free). So, we got those. Anyway--originally I thought it was a navy event, and I was interested to see how theirs differed from ours. That's why we got the tickets in the first place. We found out later how it really was set up, but decided it would be fun to dress up and go anyway.
We had a pretty good time. We didn't dance, but we both met VERY interesting people. I may have found a connection to a potential job. I met the woman who planned the event (and is handling several of the other fleet week things). She has an event planning company that she runs from home and she hires people to work on a project basis! Anyway--it sounds promising--so keep your fingers crossed for me!
S. met a guy who is retired Army and is now the President of the Navy League here. (I think--I may have that title or organization wrong) Anyway--he was really nice, and had to come talk to us, because S. was the only one in an Army uniform in the room. We also met a retired marine who is the director of fleet week. He was really interesting to talk to and very nice. He and S. had several things to talk about, and I think S. may help him find out more about some local Army soldiers that the city can recognize with awards or whatever. Anyway--it was a nice night.
So. . .here is a picture. It is not a great one, we were rushing out the door, but it gives you some idea of how the weight loss program is going. I still have a ways to go, but I am down 4 sizes and I don't even remember how many inches! S. has lost quite a bit too. His blues jacket was REALLY loose!


10 comments:
I must comment on getting out the door with 3 little boys. I think it's the same at my house too! Vincent is my dawdler. It's like he has no sense of urgency. He's always been like that. One of these days I'm going to just let him go out of the house with no pants or shoes on. Maybe he'll move a little faster next time!
How exciting for you and the possible new job. Sounds just like something you're going to love and she'll be lucky to have you!
AND WOW you really look GREAT!!!! AND that color dress looks amazing with Steven's loose blues jacket :) I wish we could say the same about the weight loss here. I'm still stuck at my current size and can't drop a pound (I say that as I sit here eating peanut butter chex mix). We have a ball to go to in December...I'm worried that neither Fred or I will fit into our dress up clothes! Wish us luck!
You both look fabulous!!!!!!!!!
It sounds like you're going on a weekend trip..lol...you look great!!!
I agree with PM: the blue dress looks great with S's blues. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm in the market! Congrats on the weight loss and I can't wait to see future pics!
You two look amazing!
Fantastic! What a good looking couple!
You look awesome, Angie :)
YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! My jaw dropped when I saw this picture. Way to go girl! I am proud of you!:0) Keep up the fantastic work!
HOT HOT HOT!!!!
You look awesome.
I have been thinking about you guys so I thought I'd stop in and see whats up. You guys look sooo good.
Talk to you later.
Kris
Post a Comment