Pops died last night about about 8:15 Texas time. What a strange feeling to say "That's good." about something that is sad.
At least now he isn't in pain. At least now his wife, children, and their families can begin to mourn his death. At least now no one has to debate what is the best thing to do. At least now, his wife and C. can get some rest, after living at the hospital for a month. And yet. . .he's still gone.
It's still sad. No matter what age you are, and how much you were expecting it, it still has to be awful to lose a parent. My parents and grandparents are young, compared to those of most people my age. None of my biological grandparents have died, much less my parents. I have no idea what it would be like.
I think it must be really painful for C in her heart, even if her head knew it was best. No matter how old you are, when both of your parents have died, you must have a feeling inside of being an orphan. Even with your own spouse, siblings, children, grandchildren, etc. around you. A little bit of you has to be a little bit broken when they're gone.
Sunday, March 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I'm so very sorry for your family's loss. No matter how "ready" you think you are, I don't think it makes it any easier. Although it's comforting to know that he's not in pain anymore the loss isn't any less painful for those who loved him. You and your family are in my thoughts...
I'm so sorry A. Please call me if you need to talk.
I am so sorry A, please give me a call if you need to talk.
:0( I am so sorry. I will pray for your family.
I'm sorry. Tell C we have her and your entire family in our prayers. Love to all.
sorry to hear about your lost. I will personally say prayers for you and the family. I can only imagine how you feel. If you need anything please email or call anytime.
The Salisbury's
Your family is in our prayers. :)
Post a Comment