Well, I think the last time I posted was around the end of school. It is now the BEGINNING of the new school year, and I finally have time to post again! School is off to a great start--which, of course, I will talk about in a bit, but first, a list of things from the summer. That way--if I have to take a break--I won't forget what all I wanted to talk about. I have lots of pictures to post too, so I'm sure that I will have to do it in pieces.
Here's a rundown of our summer:
The day after school got out, I had surgery on my eyes. We didn't do a lot that week, except recover from the surgery, and pack. A week later, we left for Texas. It was a GREAT trip! While we were there, we went to 2 family reunions, 1 high school reunion, and a mini sorority family reunion.
We also visited at both sets of grandparents' houses, went to see both sides of great-grandparents, watched Uncle E. play the drums at church (major highlight of the trip--all the boys play the drums constantly now. They each keep a set of chopsticks in their carseats to use for trips!!)
We also went to TCU to tour guide for a friend of ours and his daughter that are from here, and the boys went to sports camp at the church. Can you believe that we squeezed all that into 3 weeks?? No wonder I didn't have time to post!!
The day after we got back here, my friend J, from Pittsburg, came to visit. She was in LA for her brother's wedding, so she got to come down for a few days. That was REALLY fun for me to have a chance to catch up with her, although I felt really bad, because we spent most of the time going to the commissary and taking the boys to soccer camp.
The kids went to British Soccer camp--which was AMAZING! They had such a great time. I have lots to say about that--and the last day--after J. left--I let my little J. fall out of the shopping cart. That was quite a bit of excitment for everyone at the exchange that morning!
The next week, I realized how sad I was. I hadn't had much time to be sad about leaving Texas, since J. was there--so it hit me when she left AND I had time to think about leaving Texas. So, we spent 4 out of the next 5 days at the beach. That definitely helps my mood!!
That weekend, the Mcfamily arrived. You know that was cause for celebration! The whole family was so excited to be back together!! We did a LOT--the boys and I were in Vacation Bible School every day in the morning, then we also went to Sea World, the beach, the commanding general's change of command at Ft. Irwin (just WAIT until I tell you about that! It was SO COOL!!!!!) I'm having trouble remembering what we did on Thursday (should have written it down then!) We went to the end of the week BBQ at Vacation Bible School and although they were supposed to leave the next morning, the Mcfamily stayed an extra day and we went to Seaport Village and the Midway. They left at the same time we left for church on Sunday, so I wasn't allowed to cry, since it would make my mascara run. I have lots and pics and stories on that week. . .including trying to come up with a creative way to sneak $20 all the way to Washington. . .hmmmmm
The next week was supposed to be for resting (maybe more beach time) and school clothes shopping, but they moved my nose surgery up to that Thursday, so the early part of the week was spent doing pre-op stuff, and the end of the week is a Percoset induced haze for me--as is the beginning of this week! I do remember making it to a soccer practice or two, although I believe I screwed up which child was supposed to be practicing and had to go back home to retrieve the correct shin guards and cleats, as well as the neighbor's son, whom I had ASSURED that he did not have to go to practice until the next day!!
We started back to school on Wed--both older boys, and here we are at the second day (also the first early release day--which is why I have to remember to go get the big kid in an hour instead of typing all day!!) This morning, the little ones and I ran some errands and did an extra special one! We signed up for a class at the Little Gym for J!! He doesn't just have to be the observer anymore!! We found a class that fits perfectly in the schedule for dropping off R at preschool, going to the gym for me for an hour, and then heading over to his class. Finishing up just in time to go pick up R!!! I'm so happy! I have found a little "job" that gives us just enough breathing room that we can afford to do this for him!!! Yay!!!
So, this morning at about 2am J hit me directly in the tip of the nose with the back of his fist. I didn't even know he was in the bed with me, so I was SCREAMING in pain for about 5 minutes. I was in the guest room, so by the time S. finally heard me, came in and got me settled down, we heard a window or two in the neighborhood being slammed shut. Nice, huh? You can imagine what they were thinking as they heard me yelling and crying out. Poor S! He is SO easily embarrassed! As soon as he decided that it was the neighbors must think, I think he almost threw himself out the window. I feel like I should make a little flyer to stick on all the front doors of the culdesac to say "Despite what you might think, we were NOT having a wild, exciting time last night. The screams and moans were from the pain of being punched in the recently sliced-upon nose--not from joy! Maybe next time!" I'm afraid if I did that, S. really might throw himself from that window!!
Anyway--soccer games start this weekend. S. is coaching both boys teams and I am the team mom/banner creator for both. My splints for my nose are supposed to come out today, and the cast Monday. We are giving a speech Sunday evening for prospective TCU students--that should be fun with my face looking like this! J. starts gymnastics on Monday and everything is back to "normal" routine!! As crazy as it sounds--THIS is when I will actually have some down time to post more photos and stories! I promise to do at least 1 story a day until I have caught up the summer. . .sorry about that Aunt Kiki!!!
Here are the boys photos from school--day 1: 
Pretty different from last year's photos from the first day!


5 comments:
Yeah, and let me be the first to post a comment! How exciting. I knew you all were up to fun things going on... so I got spoiled with yall here and us getting together often and doing fun things together. We sure miss you guys. Cant believe school is already starting. Amazing. As always, the boys are the cutest! Love you all.
Karen B:)
Ok, your excused for not keeping in touch this summer! I CANNOT wait until you post pictures from the "McT" reunion. Tell the boys to have a wonderful school year!
OMG! N looks so handsome! He is a little man and not a boy anymore. They have changed so much since you were here. Hope they love school this year.
cuz-Ashley
I thought the bottom picture was R not J!!:0) So... we want to see the new nose and no glasses once you are all healed!:0)
Glad to see you're back! Remember to take pictures of your battered nose. I'm sure you feel like you don't want that documented, but trust me, down the road you'll want to look back!
Post a Comment